There are literally very few screen magnifying options or screen magnifiers available for linux users who are visually impaired , we ourself faced problems while looking for some magnifying utilities for linux, hence we decided to port the windows app to linux , so here’s forked windows app – Portable Virtual magnifying glass for linux!
Features of Portable Magnifying glass for Linux –
- Handy light-weight app for magnifying screen portions.
- Uses minimalistic wine libraries.
- No need of installation!, completely portable.
- Download Portable Virtual Magnifying glass For Linux / Ubuntu
Instructions To Run Portable Magnifying glass on Linux :
- Download the app from the above link.
- Simply chmod the .run file a+x, then
- Execute with ./<filename.run> in terminal,
- Or right click on the .run file,
- Navigate to properties,
- checkmark Allow Program to be run as Executable or you can simply refer the guide.
- Guide to run Portable Linux Apps 32bit / 64 bit
The screen will remain magnified until you move the mouse pointer, and will be normal as soon as you left-click on mouse. (As shown in the above image)
Supported OS :
- Linux Mint
- Linux Distros after release after –
- Ubuntu 11.04,
- LinuxMint 12,
- Fedora 13.