What Is Winrar?
Winrar on Linux :
Portable WinRAR Features :
- Free ware
- Standard tool for creation and extraction of Compressed files and Archives.
- Multiple archives formats supported such as .zip/.rar/.tar.gz/.7z/.cab etc.
- Extract ISO files.
- Fully featured.
- Eco friendly application.
- Completely Ported from Windows to Linux.
- No need of installing WINE! i have packaged wine into Portable format with this.
- No need of installing, completely portable operations.
- Powerful compressor.
- Light Weight.
- Password protection.
Instructions To Run Portable WinRAR for Linux :
- Download the app from the above link.
- Simply chmod the .run file a+x
- Execute with ./<filename.run> in terminal
- Or right click on the .run file
- Navigate to properties
- Checkmark Allow Program to be run as Executable
- or you can simply refer the guide
- Guide to run Portable Linux Apps 32bit / 64 bit
Supported OS :
- Linux Distros released after –
- Ubuntu 11.04,
- LinuxMint 12,
- Fedora 13,
What do we feel about Winrar :
Portable winrar has been with us for a long itme now. Time time they have upgraded its features to the latest files. It has been used by millions of people. Its a free ware and it is light weighted.Portable winrar has been tested on all major to minor OS, such as Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora. All of them have been tested and was working fine with our unique AppImage solution.