What is Portable GOM Player?
GOM Player is a free open source player, which plays almost any multimedia file format, just like VLC. Gom player supports file formats flv, mp4, mov, mpg, ts, avi, divx, asx, wmv, m4v, dat, ifo, vob, 3gp/3gp2, rm/rmvb, mkv, ogm video files and mp3, .m4a, .aac, .ogg audio files. Portable GOM Player is perfect replaceable for VLC.
Portable GOM Player For Linux Features :
- Familiar Simple yet Great Dark and Black UI
- Comes with inbuilt codecs for all files
- Highly skinnable and can customize according to own choice and color.
- Supports all Major Video and Audio Formats
- Bundled in an installation of portable Wine Emulator for Linux
- Supports all major multiple audio files.
- If player doesn’t any certain file, it finds the codec to play un-supported files.
- Free ware
Instructions To Run Portable GOM Player :
- Download the app from the above link.
- Simply chmod the .run file a+x
- Execute with ./
- Or right click on the .run file
- Navigate to properties
- Checkmark Allow Program to be run as Executable
- or you can simply refer the guide
Supported OS :
- Linux Mint.
- Linux Distros after release after –
- Ubuntu 11.04,
- LinuxMint 12,
- Fedora 13.
Final Words :
Gom player for Linux was not available for non- windows users. Gom player has been tested on all major to minor OS, such as Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora. All of them have been tested and was working fine with our unique AppImage solution.
Though, We found the playback a bit sluggish on Ubuntu, you can tweak the quality in preferences menu of the player to improve it.